Sunday, July 19, 2009

Remembering the Egyptian Role in Apollo Program

It is sad that we in Egypt have ignored the 40th anniversary of Apollo 11 and it is even much sadder to forget the role of Egyptian Dr. Farouk El-Baz in this great human achievement. I do not find a reason for this except ignorance !!

751px-Farouk_El-Baz2

elBaz31

The above photos are from Dr. El-Baz’ official website.

By the way I wonder who is currently the scientific advisor of President Mubarak !!?? Dr. El-Baz was the scientific advisor of President Sadat and Dr. Ahmed Zoweil is among the advisor of Obama , I am just wondering !!

Another thing , rumor says that the elder brother of Dr. Farouk , Dr. Osama became the former advisor of President Mubarak as a result of his opposition to inheritance ;)

6 comments:

  1. guess what, Albaaz did this with an american team not alone, so it's not like he is only who did it as you try to show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and did I say that he was acting alone in the Apollo team !!??
    It is not my problem that you understand another thing , already I believe I was more than clear in my post

    ReplyDelete
  3. you never said he acted alone but you talk like he acted alone, then why you wrote the whole blog for christ sake then?

    ReplyDelete
  4. what is your real problem !!??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zeinobia, it seems many people have problem with Egyptians so let me add more info according to Wikipedia:

    Dr. Farouk El-Baaz parciticpated in Apollo's program as a "Supervisor of Lunar Science Planning" and he was secretary of "Landing Site Selection Committee" for the landing mission. Moreover, he was the "Chairman of the Astronaut Tranning Group". As for the later position, "Alfred Worden", commander pilot of Apollo 15 which was orbiting Moon for the 1st time mentioned that "After the King's [Farooq nickname] tranning, I feel like I have been here before"

    As for your wondering, I've no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Hicham , some people are just mad to find a real achievement for us recognized worldwide because simply this defies what they are trying to promote about us

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.